Subject: max open fd's per process
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris <itchris@syrinx.ucdavis.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/09/1995 20:46:26
Hello.  I'm running NetBSD 1.0R/sparc on my ELC.  It's being used
as a dedicated IRC/mail server, which serves approximately 250
simultaneous tcp (irc) connections.  I've run into an accept() call
failing because all connections are in use.  I assume that this
is the syslimits.h define of OPEN_MAX.  However, this value was set
to 64, and my connections were maxing out at 173.  I upped the value
to 255, reinstalled the changed include file and rebuilt the kernel,
but the connections are still maxing at 173.

A call to getdtablesize() returns the value of OPEN_MAX, as advertised.

Is there something else that needs to change here? Apologies if this
isn't port-sparc material, but this doesn't seem to be a problem on
i386.

Thanks.

-Chris

-- Gabbpuy! -- Abusus non tollit usum! --
Chris Lambertus, Sys. Admin   | cmlambertus@ucdavis.edu
Information Resources ACSM    | (916)752-6547 Fax:(916)752-9145
University of California      | Davis, California 95616
X Windows, IRC Administration | Miscellaneous other gizmos