Subject: Shared library patches
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/06/1995 18:02:48
Paul wrote:
> The required changes should be easy to back-port to 1.0 source. The changes
> are in vm_object.c (one added routine), pmap.c (one added routine),
> vm_mmap.c (changed vm_mmap() logic when mapping a file) and pmap.h
> (one #define).

Well, I tried to look into doing this, but find myself daunted by the number
of changes in vm_mmap.c and sparc/pmap.c between 1.0 and -current:

netbsd4me:1:30 % diff -rc1 `locate /vm_mmap.c` | wc -l
     880
netbsd4me:1:31 % diff -rc1 `locate sparc/pmap.c` | wc -l
     968

(And I suppose it doesn't help that I don't really know what it is that I'm
 looking at ... )-:   Sigh.  Guess some people just weren't meant to be
 kernel hackers ... where's that 4.4BSD Devil book when I need it (-: )

Though I did notice "MACHINE_NONCONTIG" peeping its head out on several
occasions ... (-:

Anyway, I suspect I'll have to leave this to those far more capable than I.

	- Greg