Subject: Ported: Tcsh 6.05 and Top3.3beta3
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Josh Goldsmith <joshin@sei.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/01/1995 16:02:03
I'm not sure if this list is just for kernel stuff but I figure that
someone here may care...  If there is a better mailing list pass it on
to me.  I just got an old Sparc 1+ clone motherboard I had around the
house working and decided to put NetBSD on it.  Without tcsh or top I
was lost so I set to work getting them running...  Next will be Xload
unless someone out there already got it working...

Tcsh 6.05 replacement to sh and csh (I like it better so sue me...)

  Not much of a port, mainly recompiled and changed the assumptions in
	the code "if Sparc then SunOS must be the OS".

Top 3.3beta3 Great system info utility, tells about load, real and
  virtual memory, individual processes and probably makes breakfast
	too...

  This has been hacked together from the BSD4.4 sources.  it works
almost perfectly but I need to fix a couple of quirks and clean up the
changes I made to the code.

If there is interest and it has been determined that I actually did
something useful (and didn't repeat someone else's work) I'll put them
up for ftp.  If anyone wants a copy of the binaries or the diffs, let
me know and I'll make them available.