Subject: white on black .. (was: Re: Wow. (Was benchmarks...))
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: matthew green <mrg@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/06/1994 12:30:38

    > That seems to be the crux of the matter, to me.  You could just as
    > easily put an echo command in rc.local.  That's what *I* do, on
    > machines running SunOS.

   Yep, or, if you don't like to wait for rc.local, you can change the
   nvramrc so it comes up white-on-black at power-on, at least for some
   versions of the prom.  I don't know how this would interact with
   NetBSD/sparc's RCONSOLE, my sparc is headless.

you just put the right chars in the oem banner, so they get echoed
every time the prom "reset" they get echoed.  i haven't done this
yet (too lazy?  you bet) but i can't see a reason why it wouldn't
work with rconsole..

    > It is almost *always* inappropriate to add more kernel options for
    > something you can deal with quite adequately elsewhere.

   Personally, I'd just change the default to white-on-black. Screw
   making it an option :-)

agreed ;-)

.mrg.