Subject: Re: Notes on building ... R6 under NetBSD/SPARC / xterm weirdness
To: Greg Earle <earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
From: Andre Skarzynski <abs@itu3.sun.ac.za>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/15/1994 08:21:11
Greg Earle wrote :

> >I've built it from the stock X11R6, plus XC patches 1-4, plus the
> >netbsd patches posted here a week or three ago.  The only other change
> >was a minor Makefile tweak to make libXmu compile shared.  I haven't
> >been following proceedings closely, you seem to be discussing some
> >other patches or problems I'm not aware of.  What's wrong with xterm?
>
> Erm, I didn't need to make any Makefile tweaks to make libXmu compile shared.
> What do you mean by that?

If you don't have #define SharedXmuReqs $(LDPRELIB) $(XTOOLONLYLIB) $(XONLYLIB)
in the xc/config/cf/bsdLib.tmpl, then you will need to tweak the Makefile in
lib/Xmu. With the $(LDPRELIB) in there it works as it should.

> "What's wrong with xterm" is that it doesn't create utmp entries, because the
> default location for utmp (/etc/utmp) doesn't exist in NetBSD.  It also can

Hmm.. I still have the buserror when invoking <CNTRL> Mouse problem, unless I
have xterm compiled static.

--
Andre B. Skarzynski  -- Information Technology, University of Stellenbosch --
abs@itu1.sun.ac.za   ------- Tel: +27 21 8084293 Fax: +27 21 8084102 --------