Subject: Re: SYMTAB_SPACE [kernel addresses: how?]
To: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
From: Sam C. Nicholson !! <scion@symtec.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/29/1994 17:47:42
Gordon W. Ross notes:
>Yes, gdb is confused by executables linked with -T non_standard_addr.

Has gdb changed that much, or do you mean gdb on NetBSD?

We use gdb 4.9 in our embedded system development environment, along
with gcc 2.3.3, gas 2.1 ( both cross from sparc/SunOS4 to embedded 68K/our_OS )
and gld 2.1 with a linker control script which places the text at 0x1000.

The gdb we are using debugs our target ( which has a serial gdb stub)
as if it were a local user program.

I ask because I am seriously considering moving our environment to
NetBSD/sparc, and new hardware will require load addresses more radical
than 0x1000 or the _staandard_ 0x2020.

-sam