Subject: Re: un-compilable sh from tar-balls to current SUP state
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/09/1994 21:25:29
> Any comments on the ramifications of last night's changes?  If I continue on
> with building a new ld/gcc/gas and reboot with my yesterday's kernel, and
> then re-build userland, will I run into anything else that depends on all
> those filesystem kernel changes being installed to work?

There's no need to treat ld/gcc/gas differently, these haven't changed
significantly in the past months, the existing binaries should do just fine.

I cannot comment on the new filesystem code that Charles checked in yesterday.
The changes are not minor, so you must prepare for some do-it-yourself
fiddling if it doesn't build right the first time.

>  Is there any
> likelihood that the 4.4BSD-lite filesystem changes will cause any future
> problems for folks who've used the SunOS "newfs" to create their initial
> UFS filesystems?

I would be surprised if this were the case.