Subject: Boot problems
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Jeffrey C Honig <jch@nr-tech.cit.cornell.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/11/1994 16:26:03
The summary:

I just installed the April 25th binaries on an 4/40 and tried booting.
Autoconfig appears to run fine, but then I get a message:

	Found boot device sd0

And nothing else happens.  Actually, I hear a second of disk I/O, then
everything is quiet.

The long story:

I installed the April 25th binaries on a Sun 207M disk following the
instructions in the README.  I linked netbsd to netbsd.sd1.  This
drive is at target 1, the internal drive is at target 3.

During boot it finds this drive at target 1 and calls it sd0, it finds
the internal drive at target 3 and calls it sd1.

Any advise would be appreciated.  Please reply to me, I'm not
currently on this list.

Thanks.

Jeff