Subject: Re: NEW SNAPSHOT! / xterm & TIOCGPGRP
To: None <port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: matthew green <mrgreen@mame.mu.OZ.AU>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/21/1994 21:03:10
>to sit tight and wait for him to let people know it was safe to come out from
>hiding from the big bad 64-bit off_t (-:  Do I take it that with this snapshot,
>I could now try and get "sup" running to upgrade my src from the March 27th
>pre-"off_t" sources I still have?

i was feeling adventurous and wanted to play, so i had already
upgraded my system to april 9 sources.  i'm currently running
on april 16 ones, and aside the grotty problem, it seems to be
fine...  except for swap 8-/

>>	- No man pages, sorry.  "grotty" blows chunks.  Hope to have a
>>	  fix soon.
>
>I take it this "grotty" problem must have happened in the past 3 weeks?  Once
>I had the target directories made and "groff" was happy, I was able to build
>all of the March 27th man pages ...

it's got to so with some compiler tool not correctly aligning
quad's on a quad boundary.  it's stdio related and i'm amazed
it doesn't happen elsewhere.