Subject: Re: X11R5 for NetBSD/sparc
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: George Michaelson <G.Michaelson@cc.uq.oz.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/30/1994 12:27:57

  > G.Michaelson@cc.uq.oz.au also has X11R5 running. As soon as this new
  > binary snapshot makes it to him, I'm hoping he'll compile up a version
  > of X that I can put in pub/arch/sparc/X11... :-)

  I've got a set of X11 client binaries, all using shared libraries.
  I never got round to compiling a native X server though, since I'm currently
  only able to boot NetBSD intermittently on the only machine left to me to
  experiment with. There weren't any source changes needed except in `imake'
  and friends.

xdm and some PHIGS stuff is still broken for me. getting startx to recognise
the sun Xsun is proving confusing. xdm kinda worked but took stuffing around.
I'm using a remote FS for the server still, dunno why my font stuff broke.

I don't see native server as simple. Paul ?

Like Paul says, this is really just .cf/tmpl changes.

Since he's been in the loop far longer than me, why not use his stuff to make
a kit for release into the port-sparc world AND to get into any X11R6 patch
cycle now we've missed the submission point via XFree86?

-George