Subject: Re: The 11th NetBSD/SPARC machine [Long]
To: None <owner-port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu, earle@isolar.Tujunga.CA.US,>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/29/1994 22:30:42

> The apparently hard part is constructing a gcc which will produce a.out stuff
> in NetBSD format and not SunOS format...

The best strategy is to take the original gcc-2.4.5 distribution and configure
it as a cross-compiler: SunOS => NetBSD by typing something like:

	./configure -target sparc-sun-netbsd -host sparc-sun-sunos4.1

. You'll need to define a netbsd target in ./configure's bowels and cobble up
a netbsd.h header file along the lines of tm.h in NetBSD's gcc tree.

(Sorry, I don't have details right now, as the whole GNU tree is off-line)