Subject: Re: DDB
To: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/24/1994 12:49:57
> The bootblocks themselves currently work only with version 2 PROMs (which
> is nasty, since I have at the moment only an oldish IPC to experiment with).

As I found out :-( I now have a useless disk 'til I get the CD-ROM
drive connected and restore the Sun boot bootblocks.

I may also be worth mentioning to confused people that version 1
PROM's will try to boot from the network unless you tell them
"sd()netbsd", 'cause they read the "net" from netbsd as the
pseudo-device...

BTW - I have an FCODE programming manual if anyone need something
looking up.
--
Peter Galbavy				e-mail: P.Galbavy@wonderland.org
Wonderland				  work: peter@demon.co.uk

	I like my food, I am what I eat, therefore I like myself