Subject: Re: A real app runs on NetBSD/sparc
To: peter <Peter.Galbavy@micromuse.co.uk>
From: Ronald G Minnich <rminnich@hagar>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/04/1994 12:06:42
> Elan Computer's Avalon Publisher 2.0.2 runs under NetBSD/sparc, the
> only change I had to make is to create a /bin/sun4c file with the
> contents:

Add framemaker 3.0X to the list of products which run just fine under
compatbility mode in NetBSD. Boy, now I'm really impressed. The best part
is, Sun's Solaris "compatibility mode" (what a joke) won't run
SunOS-based frame all!

For you readers at frame.com: NetBSD is a lawyer-free publicly available
operating system which is compatible with both BSD and SunOS versions of
Unix. SunSoft could learn a thing or two from this system. I am planning
to upgrade a collection of 16 ELCs and 32 Classics from SunOS to ... no
Solaris, NetBSD!

ron