Subject: Re: cross compile from 386 problem(s)
To: None <peter@alice.wonderland.org, port-sparc@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Theo Deraadt <deraadt@fsa.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 02/02/1994 13:56:32
>I got as far a getting a compiled kernel that boots fine and works
>in multi-user mode, except will not run X or openwin. No matter, I
>thought this was quite good for a mornings work :-)

Hmm. don't know why. perhaps it's your frame buffer? (I might have
broken the color frame buffer code -- we only have monochrome).  BTW,
you did that pretty fast :-)

>I had to stop going down this route tho', because to get anywhere
>I had to link against a NetBSD libc, which was OK, but I then got
>lots of "Bad system call" type messages. At this point I gave up
>this approach.

to be honest i don't know how paul managed it! it's slave labour.  i
did make a mostly working libc about month ago, but then that disk
died. i cried.

>Any suggestions ??? Help etc.

please just wait a few more days; you'll save brain cells: i'm going
to try to put a set of working binaries on sun-lamp that you can get.
they'll be straight of pk's machine :-)

>Death to Solaris 2

Solaris? What's that??