Port-sh3 archive

Re: NetBSD on SH-4A

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:49:18 -0700, David S. Alessio wrote:

> > Not sure it's possible without hacking gcc as with -m4 it generates
> > calls to __sdivsi3_i4 and expects its result in FPUL.
>
> gcc has an SH-specific option  "-mdiv=STRATEGY" where STRATEGY is a menu
> of division options.  I believe gcc-4.3.3 by default uses "-mdiv=call"
> which implements the inv.minlat strategy (integer division instructions).
>
> Which begs the questions:  When will NetBSD/ports support gcc-4.3.3?  Is
> there anything standing in the way of updating to 4.3.3 as the default
> gcc version?

I vaguely remember that gmp/mpfr prerequisites were a hassle and of
course general, uhm, caution against GPLv3.

As build system has provisions for using external toolchain, some
people are already trying to compile NetBSD codebase with gcc-4.3.3
(there were PRs about code that it doesn't like b/c of more strict
checks, e.g.).

You'd better ask on tech-toolchain@.

SY, Uwe
--