Subject: Re: [/landisk] PX-EH40L and low network transfer speed
To: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sh3
Date: 04/26/2007 00:02:38
Hi,

still trying to get why my PX-EH40L is so slow on *BSD...
I saw, on OpenBSD's CVSWeb, that things have been done on DMA:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/arch/landisk/conf/GENERIC
"Remove force-PIO workaround for wd@pciide."

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/arch/landisk/landisk/bus_dma.c
"bus_dmamap_sync fixes to cope with real life."

From what I saw on NetBSD's kernel conf, the PIO was never forced - it is
set at "wd*     at atabus? drive ? flags 0x0000". But I don't understand
if the diff on bus_dmamap_sync may make the disk access better... If one
think it may, I can try to patch NetBSD's sources according to the
OpenBSD's diff and see if the disk access is better.

TIA,
   Jo