Subject: Re: sh3 todr and timecounter conversion (rev2)
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-sh3
Date: 09/06/2006 08:18:40
Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I've posted changes to update all sh3 ports (dreamcast, mmeye, evbsh3,
> hpcsh, and landisk) to the generic todr and timecounter framework.
>
> I do not have any hardware, so I would be really grateful if folks could
> test them.
>
> A good test of timecounters is to do:
>
> # date; /bin/time sleep 10; date
>
> and check the results, comparing also against real-time with a stop watch.
>
> The diffs are at http://garrett.damore.org/software/netbsd/sh3.diff
>
> Thank you.

I just posted revision 2 of this patch, which adjusts for the Valeriy's
dreamcast changes, and does some other cleanup.  Notably, this patch
makes the landisk rtc a read device (rs5c313rtc), which allows us to
remove the rtc_ops structure from the sh_clock_init.

Again, I've not tested any of this code, so I'd be grateful if someone
could.  I'm especially interested in how the timecounters and soft
interrupts work -- to support timecounters I merged the two level soft
interrupt scheme and am now using the clock that freed up for microtime
counting.

General Dynamics C4 Systems
http://www.tadpolecomputer.com/
Phone: 951 325-2134  Fax: 951 325-2191