Subject: RE: sh3 ports switched to gcc4
To: None <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru, port-sh3@NetBSD.org>
From: Kristoffer Ericson <kristoffer_e1@hotmail.com>
List: port-sh3
Date: 07/25/2006 00:10:38
Greetings,

Welcome to gcc4 land. Im not a regular netbsd user but can give some info on
the linux side of things as they should be similiar. My target is sh3 little
endian.
4.1.1 is the best gcc currently, havent tried 4.2.x yet. 4.0.x had lots of
issues and regulary experienced compiler errors.
I used 4.1.1 with -O2 set and it worked mostly well, Only had issues with
one or two packages. I moved over to -O1 just to be on the safe side (errors
went away).

Best wishes
Kristoffer