Subject: Re: Text relocations in shared libs
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@MIT.EDU>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-sh3
Date: 12/26/2005 15:27:29
On Sun, Dec 25, 2005 at 13:54:13 -0500, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

> What prevents you from just moving errno to a different register before
> executing the PLT?  Surely you have another callee-saved register you
> can destroy.  You can probably even put the move instruction in one of
> the branch delay slots, so it doesn't cost you anything.

Right, but that kinda reinforces my other point.  If the interface
between syscall code and cerror is private, why do we need to bother
with exporting cerror at all?  We can just make it .hidden and make
the call to go directly to cerror, instead of going via PLT.

SY, Uwe
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen