Subject: Re: Flow control issues with scif?
To: None <port-sh3@netbsd.org>
From: Vesa Akseli Norrman <pulahti@netscape.net>
List: port-sh3
Date: 01/04/2003 22:08:01
Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
> Last time I tried ppp was against user-land ppp server on FreeBSD.
> The DNS request would go out, but the reply will get mangled between
> the server and the jornada.  The link was just unusuable.
>
> Actually, when I just cu(1) to my laptop, the login prompt is mangled.
>
> SY, Uwe

One other point, while ftp-downloading a file over PPP link using the
hash option there are small "mini freezes", that is, the link freezes
for about 1 second and then about 5-10 #-characters show up. This
behaviour happens during the whole download. Maybe this is pppd working
around garbage in transfer??? I did not try any direct serial transfers.
In Windows CE doing a similar download the #-chars come at constant
frequency. Vesa