Subject: Re: single-user shell on Dreamcast
To: Hiroyuki Bessho <bsh@grotto.iijnet.or.jp>
From: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
List: port-sh3
Date: 10/18/2000 10:34:59
>> 	I don't think it really necessary...  is it really necessary for
>> 	you to do this?  or did you do it just for convenience in ramdisk build?
>  At least, We need a place to put endian_machdep.h for dreamcast
>(actually, for little endien SH3), which differs from
>evbsh3/include/endian_machdep.h
>
>  Also, If you set MACHINE=dreamcast, it's natural to have
>sys/arch/$MACHINE.  It is possible to compile sys/arch/evbsh3 with
>MACHINE=dreamcast, but you need an another messy kludge in
>sys/arch/Makefile to do so.

	i'm still wondering if it is really necessary to do
	MACHINE=dreamcast or not.  i bet it was not required.

>  I understand duplicating many files is evil, and the problem exists
>also for evbsh3 and mmeye.  Do you have any idea for better framework?

	as for endianness, we need something.  beyond that, i'm not sure.
	if we support dreamcast-specific peripherals we may need arch/dreamcast.
	for endian:
	as there are evaluation cards with little/big endian variants,
	and there's no good way to switch between endianness.
	split evbsh3el and evbsh3eb?  better ways?

itojun