Subject: Re: single-user shell on Dreamcast
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: Hiroyuki Bessho <bsh@grotto.iijnet.or.jp>
List: port-sh3
Date: 10/18/2000 09:21:27
itojun@iijlab.net writes:

> >+ I have sys/arch/dreamcast/{conf,dreamcast,include}.  Not so much
> >  difference to sys/arch/evbsh3/ yet.  Almost all include/foo.h just
> >  #includes corresponding sh3/foo.h.
>
> 	I don't think it really necessary...  is it really necessary for
> 	you to do this?  or did you do it just for convenience in ramdisk build?

  At least, We need a place to put endian_machdep.h for dreamcast
(actually, for little endien SH3), which differs from
evbsh3/include/endian_machdep.h

  Also, If you set MACHINE=dreamcast, it's natural to have
sys/arch/$MACHINE.  It is possible to compile sys/arch/evbsh3 with
MACHINE=dreamcast, but you need an another messy kludge in
sys/arch/Makefile to do so.

  I understand duplicating many files is evil, and the problem exists
also for evbsh3 and mmeye.  Do you have any idea for better framework?

----
bsh.