Subject: Re: single-user shell on Dreamcast
To: None <bsh@grotto.iijnet.or.jp>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>
List: port-sh3
Date: 10/16/2000 19:45:11
On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 11:31:04AM +0900, bsh@grotto.iijnet.or.jp wrote:

 > Mattias Nordlund <mathew@eagle.y.se> writes:
 >
 > > I little question, is this on the TV or do you have to use a serial
 > > console?
 >
 > It was on serial console.  Since we don't have VGA console yet, you
 > need a serial cable.

Where can one purchase the little cable adapter needed to hook the
serial console up?  I'd like to finally boot a NetBSD kernel on my
DC.

...if I can get a Sega Arcade Stick from the same place, there's
bonus points (Ms Pac Man just doesn't work with the stock DC
controller :-)

What ever became of the standalone "dreamcast library" I'd heard
rumors of (with drivers for the joystick/kbd ports, simple graphics
driver, etc.)?  Or was I imagining things?

--
        -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@zembu.com>