Subject: Re: committing NetBSD/sh3 code
To: None <itojun@iijlab.net>
From: msaitoh <msaitoh@spa.is.uec.ac.jp>
List: port-sh3
Date: 09/14/1999 02:45:47
itojun said:
 > >>	There are various variants in Hitachi SH-3/4 family, so it is better
 > >>	be prepared.
 > >Sure. No argument on separating CPU support and system support.
 > >I thought Simon was asking how different the mmeye and the evbsh3
 > >were: do they need separate ports and separate kernels, or
 > >could/should we aim for one kernel that boots on both?
 >
 > 	I think masanari@netbsd.org have already gave us the answer.
 > 	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sh3/1999/09/13/0004.html

s/masanari/msaitoh/

source code for NetBSD/mmEye is:

	specific to SH7708R

	settings of Bus State Controller is fixed
	(because MD0-MD5 pin of the CPU is fixed)

	physical memory size is fixed to 16MB

and source code for NetBSD/evbsh3 is:

	supports
		SH7708*
		SH7709*
		SH7709A
		SH7729A(perhaps)
		SH7750(SH4!) (some header file have bugs
				(I have already made fixed version)))

	suppors both big endian and little endian.

	Ssettings of Bus State Controller can change through kernel
	configuration file. This is because almost evaluation boards
	can set MD0-MD5 pin with DIP-SW.

	physical memory size can set to 4*(2^n)
	(This code doesn't merged. Currenty in testing)

		SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh@spa.is.uec.ac.jp,
		                 msaitoh@netbsd.org)
		University of Electro-Communications