Re: Back from the dead, with updates!

Hello,

On Sun, 11 Oct 2015 09:43:31 +0200
Tobias Nygren <tnn%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:

> > > The crash to db before copyright only happens when console is on serial.
> >
> > I just fixed that.
>
> Hi,
>
> Back after more testing. It works much better now. Current status:
>
> 1. GENERIC64_32_IP3x has problems running with o32 userland. It boots to
> multiuser but processes segfault whenever they get a signal. Any
> signal, this includes sending HUP to init and ^C to sh.
> What are the correct build.sh cross compile flags to get n32 userland?

Something is wrong with o32 support in n32 kernels, and has been for a
long time -  matt@ said it works for him on more modern MIPS. Either
way, a mips64eb-userland from nyftp should work ( I /think/ it's built
for MIPS-III ), if you want to build your own use -m sgimips64.

> 2. GENERIC32_IP3x switches baudrate on the serial port after
> sgimips_bus_dma_init. I don't understand how or why this happens.
> With crimefb it boots and runs perfectly.

Hmm, I haven't seen that, but I didn't do much testing with o32 kernels
either. Sounds like something is still wrong when switching from ARCS
to early com output. Leaves the question why it works with n32.
I'll look into it.

have fun
Michael