Re: X on O2, this time for real

On Sun, Mar 01, 2009 at 12:22:57PM -0500, Michael wrote:
> Hat's weird but I didn't pay any attention to the composite and damage
> extensions at all - they slow the whole thing down considerably so I
> have them disabled on most of my machines.

Not realy a mystery - with DAMAGE and COMPOSITE enabled, the defaul visual
suddenly
becomes ARGB and many, many applications and libraries just can not handle
that properly. We realy should disable them by default.

I have it disabled everywhere because it breaks at least imlib and the
nv driver on my notebook (maybe actually everything that uses XAA while
EXA seems to have been fixed).

I'll fix imlib one day (there is already a PR with pointers to patches).

Martin