Re: wdsc(4): testing device/softc split

bjh21%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

> I'm doing some work on various device drivers for NetBSD/acorn26, and this
> has ended up touching the wdsc(4) driver on NetBSD/sgimips.  I've compiled
> it, but my Indy isn't working so I'm not in a position to test it.  I've
> attached a patch, and I've uploaded a -current kernel to
> <http://bjh21.me.uk/junk/netbsd.ip2x.wdsc-split>.  I'd be very grateful if
> someone with a wdsc(4) could test this and tell me whether I seem to have
> broken anything.

Seems working on R5k Indy, but I have a few comments
(mostly not in your changes though):

- device_t and cfdata_t are prefered?
- now using variable name "dev" for softc seems confusing
  so it's better to rename it to "sc" (or "arg" for void pointers)
- use more proper types in wdsc.c:
        struct wdsc_softc *wsc = device_private(dp);
        struct wd33c93_softc *sc = &wsc->sc_wd33c93;
---
Izumi Tsutsui