FW: booting CD breaks machine? (without serial console)

I have other O2s so I swapped around power supply, main board, and the board
with connectors I don't use (looks like RCA video and SCSI or maybe other
video).

Process of elimination says the main board is now dead.
Or at least its soft power functionality won't turn on.
Huh. Oh well.

Anyone want it?

Anyone heard of this, and know how to reset it?
The up front paper clip reset button doesn't do anything.
(It looks like it might be more easily accessed from the bottom actually.)

Anyone want to advise/bet on the consistency of this?
ie: I'm going to try OpenBSD now, without serial console.
Later I will try NetBSD on serial console, and maybe much later try again with
video.

- Jay