Re: mec and resets

On Jul 31, 2008, at 7:04 PM, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

macallan%NetBSD.org@localhost wrote:

If you can't reproduce it, I'm available to do any tests.

FWIW I can reproduce it on both a R5k and a R10k O2.

I can't reproduce it on my R5K O2. (scp ~1GB files works)

I can't reproduce it either, my O2 ( R5k with 1MB cache ) also built
KDE and X over nfs without any trouble.

Is it on GENERIC32_IP3x or some customized kernel?

Customized as in stripped of anything I don't need. So, basic O2
hardware plus ohci and ehci, compiled with -march=mips3

It looks options DIAGNOSTIC causes the hang
then crime watchdog reset causes the silent reboot.
(i.e. "#define CRIME_DISABLE_WATCHDOG" in crime.c doesn't work)

The hang seems caused by MEC_INT_RX_THRESHOLD and
MEC_INT_RX_FIFO_UNDERFLOW, but I haven't tracked well.

Does that mean you reproduced it? Should I try the patch?