Re: Flag day for bootloader + kernel?

Quoting Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>:

stephen.rumble%utoronto.ca@localhost wrote:

Quoting Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>:

>   (I wonder if argv[0] passed from BIOS is vaild or not on IP12)

It should be.

Hmm, can the argv[0] string be parsed by makebootdev()?
If it returns SGIVOLHDR partition, I hope "booted_partition = 0;" hack
would work.
(using OSLoadPartition environment first might break netboot)

I seem to recall that argv usually just contains flags, while the environment array ($a2, which I think is 'magic' in machdep.c) contains the boot device provided by the PROM environment variables. We do some ugliness in arcemu.c to handle load the kernel from the volume header and return a (hopefully) reasonable OSLoadPartition.

I have no idea what the environment array looks like on netboot.

Steve