Re: R10k O2

Quoting Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>:

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 09:32:52PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
Nope, it doesn't (or better: they don't persist). I'll borrow some code
to create a random mac id from tap(4).

Hmm, the tap(4) strategy does not work very well (uptime too short and
deterministic) - I cam up with the evil hack below.

Cool.

A couple minor nits:
    - s/u_int8_t/uint8_t/
    - s/ui, 3/ui + 1, 3/    - otherwise you're not using the last octet on
      big endian and all borked machines on the same /24 subnet get the same
      mac, no?
    - Printing something out to the user letting them know what's going on
      may be a good idea.
    - To the repositorium!

Steve