Subject: Re: o2 r12000 won't boot
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Stephen M. Rumble <stephen.rumble@utoronto.ca>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 05/28/2007 17:51:53
Quoting Stephen Nelson-Smith <sanelson@gmail.com>:

> Ok, so I installed over the net that daily snapshot.  I did notice
> that it seemed to install the ip2x kernel, though...

[snip]

> panic: can't handle primary cache on impl 0xe

The IP2x kernel won't have support for any of the O2 hardware,
including the r10k cache ops. That's what this panic is about.

You'll want to place the appropriate GENERIC32_IP3x kernel in /netbsd.
The easiest way is probably to netboot again, drop out of sysinst, and
do it manually. Or, you could just install again and force the correct
one.

I don't know why the installer chose the wrong kernel. When you chose
the sets to install it had selected GENERIC32_IP2x? That is, you
didn't mistakenly choose a different one? I'm not familiar with the
sysinst code, but a quick glance doesn't reveal any obvious error there.

Steve