Subject: Testers wanted: SGI O2 framebuffer console and keyboard controller in -current
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Jared D.McNeill <jmcneill@invisible.ca>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 04/12/2007 09:25:47
Heyas folks --

I've added wscons support to the GENERIC32_IP3x kernel config in -
current. Feel free to bang away at it and let me know how it works
out for you :)

The framebuffer driver will configure your display using whatever
your firmware setup by default. It will also steal 4MB of physical
memory from you -- I'm looking into ways of reducing this. As for
XFree86, if you manage to get the wsfb driver built, the display
driver will support it. It does seem that bus_dmamem_mmap ignores any
hints passed to it, and the result in X is quite interesting :)

Cheers,
Jared