Subject: 4.0 Pullup Testing
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Stephen M. Rumble <stephen.rumble@utoronto.ca>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/28/2007 10:13:18
Hello everyone,

I'd like to pull up many of my changes from -current to the netbsd-4
branch for inclusion in the next release. Among them are several
feature additions and some bug fixes, which I'd very much like to get
out there. However, I have no hardware at hand to test with at the
moment.

I've compiled kernels for all machines and placed them at
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rumble/4.0/ .

If anyone has the time to pull down one that they could test (if it
boots and appears immediately unbroken, it should be sufficient. The
changes from 4.0 aren't that significant and have been tested in
-current.), I'd very much appreciate it.

Below are a list of kernels and some of the features included.

Kernels:

ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rumble/4.0/GENERIC_IP12
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rumble/4.0/GENERIC_IP12.ecoff
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rumble/4.0/GENERIC_IP2x
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rumble/4.0/GENERIC_IP2x.ecoff
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rumble/4.0/GENERIC_IP3x

Features/Fixes:

- Phobos G100 and G160 support
- Set Engineering GIO Fast Ethernet support
- GIO32 SCSI adapter support
- E++ GIO ethernet adapter support
- Challenge S secondary ethernet (IOPLUS board) support
- LG1/LG2 (Light/Entry/Starter) framebuffer support
- proper FPU intr handling for Indigo R3k and Personal Iris 4D/3x machines
- zskbd keymap fixes (IP12/IP20)
- working ecoff conversion
- timecounters for IP12
- HPC eeprom extraction (unique mac addresses for additional sq(4) devices)
- probably others...

Steve