Subject: Re: Free R5K Indy, ChallengeS board, in Silicon Valley, USA
To: Steve Rikli <sr@genyosha.net>
From: Stephen M. Rumble <stephen.rumble@utoronto.ca>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/03/2007 14:52:55
Quoting Steve Rikli <sr@genyosha.net>:

>   Indy IP22/R5000, 150MHz, 256MB RAM, 4GB disk, add-on GIO network
>      card (unsuported), 2 extra disks (no sleds)

According to your dmesg this is a Set Engineering fast ethernet board.
It's fully supported in -current and beats the Phobos cards pretty
handily in the RX end. Hopefully I'll find the time to submit pull-ups
for the necessary changes so that they make the 4.0 release. It's a
somewhat rare board, I think, so hopefully somebody will give it a
nice home.

> In addition, I have a ChallengeS daughter board, with 2 SCSI and 1
> extra NIC.  I don't believe this is supported yet(?) but I've not
> tried it myself.

The SCSI chipset on that board may never grow support. There is no
documentation and probably very little interest. They're HVD
interfaces as well, which limits the number of compatible drives
significantly.

The ethernet interface isn't supported yet either, but should be quite
easy to get going (the drivers are there, but they probably won't
attach yet).

Steve