Subject: GIO Fast Ethernet update
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Stephen M. Rumble <stephen.rumble@utoronto.ca>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 12/23/2006 16:32:26
Hi all,

As of some time yesterday, the Phobos G160 board became fully
supported in -current (we weren't setting the right interrupt for one
of the slots). Only the G100 remains to be examined, but I haven't any
hardware to test. It may just work.

The Set Engineering (ThunderLAN-based) board now works as well.
Apparently the GIO<->PCI bridge that it sits behind does not permit
the TLAN's DMA engine to transfer segments across page boundaries.
When it attempts to, evil ensues: the payload gets silently garbled,
and TCP connections stall as the sender never receives ACKs for his
junked transmissions.

On a (perhaps less interesting) note, secondary SEEQ-based 10mbit
ethernet interfaces should work in -current. The HPC3-based one on the
Challenge S's mezzanine board may need a bit more nudging, however.

Have fun,
Steve