Subject: Re: Boot freeze on IP22
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Rodolphe De Saint Leger <rdesaintleger@gmail.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/28/2006 14:51:14

> > kernel 3.0.2 and 3.1 sometimes displays this (other display the
> > display begins and the screen shutdowns)
>
> Is the display within the SGI PROM box, or is it full screen? That is,
> does the screen blank and print the kernel messages in green, or do
> they show up in the blue-bordered box that you get the hinv output
> from? Since you have a GR3 board, I'm wondering whether the grtwo
> framebuffer driver is attaching. If so, I don't believe that it's ever
> been tested on anything but an Indigo machine, and may very well not
> work properly with what you have.
>
> If you are not getting kernel output via the PROM, I would recommend
> compiling a kernel without the grtwo (and perhaps also without the
> newport, since I have no idea how gr3 probes) drivers  just to force
> output via the PROM routines and eliminate the possibility of an unfit
> driver attaching.

I've got a nice full screen output (black screen and green kernel
messages), the grtwo driver seems to attach. I'll give a try next week
for a prom kernel (can't do it before, sorry)

Regards,
Rodolphe

--
int main(void){char*a="\n",b=34,*d="int main(void){char*a=",
*c="%s%c%cn%c,b=34,*d=%c%s%c,%s*c=%c%s%c,%s*e=%c%s%c;%s%s;}%s",