Subject: installboot on IP2x ?
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: George Harvey <fr30@dial.pipex.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/16/2006 23:42:17
Hi,

I'm still trying to get NetBSD on my Challenge S (see earlier thread on
SCSI problems)...

Since I can't boot an install kernel, I took the disk out and attached
it to my O2. I then installed 4.0 beta, plus Ben's test kernel, and put
it back in the Challenge S. However, it now fails to boot because it has
an IP3x boot loader from the O2 install. I guess that I need to put
/usr/mdec/ip2xboot on the boot partition but I don't know how to do it.
I looked at the 'installboot' man page but sgimips isn't listed as a
supported machine type. Is the boot partition mountable or is there some
other way to copy the file across?

Regards,
George