Subject: Re: 3.1 SCSI problems on Challenge S
To: None <rumble@ephemeral.org>
From: Ben Harris <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/14/2006 13:28:22
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006, Stephen M. Rumble wrote:

> If you want to backport it, however, to start you'll need the
> sys/dev/ic/wd33c93* files, which were moved and renamed from the original
> sys/arch/sgimips/hpc/sbic*. I think that the changes are all fairly well
> self-contained, but I don't know what else may have changed between 3.x and
> -current that could complicate things.

I think the only change that interacts with the rest of the kernel was the
one to add support for timecounters.  The rest should backport to older
versions fairly easily.  My reason for not requesting pullups is that the
changes are fairly disruptive within the WD33C93 driver, and I don't trust
them not to fail where the old code accidentally worked.

> I also seem to recall that Ben touched
> a few files in sys/dev/scsipi, which may be necessary as well.

That was just to force sync negotiation on my rather strange Fujitsu disk
-- it won't do anything on other disks.

--
Ben Harris                                                   <bjh21@NetBSD.org>
Portmaster, NetBSD/acorn26               <http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/acorn26/>