Subject: Re: SGI O2 not displaying anything...
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Fabian Wenk <fabian@wenks.ch>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/08/2006 23:06:41
Hello Ruth

Ruth Ivimey-Cook wrote:
>> printenv
> AutoLoad=Yes
> console=g

With console=g it is set to graphics display, see manpage of prom
[1] for more informations.

   [1]
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?cmd=getdoc&coll=0650&db=man&fname=1%20prom

> diskless=0
> dbaud=9600
> volume=80
> sgilogo=y
> TimeZone=PST8PDT
> OSLoadFilename=/unix
> netaddr=198.3.235.204
> monitor=h

What is monitor for? It is not in the prom manpage, but is also
set to h on my system.

> SystemPartition=pci(0)scsi(0)disk(1)rdisk(0)partition(8)
> OSLoader=sash
> crt_option=1

And this? It does not exists on my system, and it is not in the
manpage.

> OSLoadPartition=dksc(0,2,0)
> cpufreq=200
> eaddr=08:00:69:05:b2:ba
> NoAutoLoad=CONSOLE OPEN FAILED.

And this too looks strange and also not in the manpage. On my
system AutoLoad=Yes does exists, which makes sense according to
the manpage.

> ConsoleOut=serial(0)
> ConsoleIn=serial(0)
> videostatus=illegal_env_var

strange too.

> Is there anything that looks strange?

Just some of them, at least for me. But probably other people here
on the list know more about it then I do.

Probably reseting the NVRAM settings (resetenv) could help.

bye
Fabian