Subject: SGI O2 not displaying anything...
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: Ruth Ivimey-Cook <Ruth.Ivimey-Cook@ivimey.org>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 11/07/2006 22:45:43
Folks,

I've been given 2 SGI O2 machines no longer needed by work. As far as
work know they both work - although that would have been a while ago :-)

They seem to be operational - in the sense that the chord can be heard
on boot, and the fromt LED goes orange then green on the front. However,
neither actually displays anything on the screen when I connect either a
newish LCD nor an older CTX monitor to them. Also, the keyboard capslock
LED doesnt light up.

Both monitors do perceive there is a 1280x1024 signal coming in -
although they think its at different rates.

When I try to switch it off, it does so fairly promptly but not
immediately - about 2-3 secs delay. There is a CD drive and the tray
will pop out as requested. I've nothing to put in it though.

I've tried attaching a serial console on one of them but this hasn't
helped. I've actually got a laptop running SecureCRT 3 using a cable I
know worked for another console type issue, but I can't easily change
the null-modem state (I think it is already nulled, so I'm saying I
can't easily try straight-through). The serial port is set at 9600 8N1,
no flow control.

Are they both dead?

Regards,

Ruth