Subject: Re: Installing on IP22
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Vicky Staubly <vicky@steeds.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 08/11/2006 18:19:43
On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Stephen Borrill wrote:
> I've just tried installing for the first time on my Indigo2. I got it
> bootstrapped OK into the netbsd-INSTALL32_IP2x kernel, but I'm having
> terminal issues.

I've not had any terminal issues... I'm running tip on a Solaris
machine, which I'm connecting to via ssh in an xterm window on my
Linux laptop.

My issue seems to be with (I think) the bootloader installed on
the disk. I can netboot ok (that's how I did the install), and it
installs NetBSD on the disk ok, but trying to boot directly off
the disk gives me an ULTB Miss exception (probably a fancy way
of saying it's trying to execute uninitialized memory as code).
Is there some way I can refresh the bootloader? This drive actually
came from a R10K Indigo2 and my Indigo2 is a 250MHz 4400.

--
Vicky Staubly       http://www.steeds.com/vicky/        vicky@steeds.com