Subject: Boot fails on Challenge S
To: None <port-sgimips@netbsd.org>
From: George Harvey <fr30@dial.pipex.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 07/04/2006 23:47:27
Hi,

I'm trying to install 3.0 on an R5000/180 Challenge S and have a couple
of questions. I'm netbooting the install kernel, it starts to load then
hangs hard at:

haltwo0 at hpc0 offset 0x58000

Some googling suggests that this is a known problem and the solution is
a kernel built without 'haltwo'. Is a 3.0 netboot installer with such a
kernel available anywhere?

The other question is hardware support. My box came with a 100Mb
Ethernet card, SGI p/n 9210110, which has a Texas TLAN TNETE100PCE chip
on it. As far as I can tell, this isn't supported by NetBSD. Are there
any plans for it to be supported in the future?

Thanks,
George