Subject: Re: looking for mips64 h/w
To: Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@ngi.de>
From: Jochen Kunz <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/04/2006 19:15:14
On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 16:06:38 +0200
Gerald Heinig <Gerald.Heinig@ngi.de> wrote:

> I have a dual-CPU Octane sitting here unused for at least 2 years (due
> to ENOTIME) which I'm planning to sell in the near future.
What CPU type? R10k? R12k? Or even R14k?

> It's equipped with a PCI cardcage,  too, so supporting PCI hardware is
> no problem either.
The Octane has PCI peripherals on the CPU board. The PCI card cage just
adds an additional XIO-PCI bridge with the required mechanics to mount
PCI cards.

If someone is seriosly working on a MIPS64 port and wants an Origin 200
for testig: I own an O200 and can make it available for remote testing.
The O200 is particularly suited for this. It has a service processor
that can power up/down, reset, ... the machine via RS232.
--=20

tsch=FC=DF,
       Jochen