Subject: Re: looking for mips64 h/w
To: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
From: Garrett D'Amore <garrett_damore@tadpole.com>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/03/2006 09:32:16
Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> Jan Schaumann wrote:
>
>> "Thomas E. Spanjaard" <tgen@netphreax.net> wrote:
>>

>>> I believe Jan Schaumann has/had an IP30 machine available for the
>>> IP30/IP27 port, and I at least would be pleased if these two projects
>>> were combined. It does pose additional work though. Also, depending on
>>> the location of the student I could offer my Indigo2.
>>>

>> Correct, I have an SGI Octane sitting around unused in Hoboken, NJ,
>> waiting to be picked up and NetBSDified.  Unfortunately, it's rather
>> heavy, so shipping is not really an option...
>>
>> -Jan
>>

> I'm in southern California, so I can't easily pick it up.  I don't know
> the SoC student's location yet, but I have asked him.

Answer: Beijing, China.  I guess this makes a pickup in Hoboken NJ out
of the question. :-)

Thanks anyway.   In the meantime, if anyone else can help out, please
let me know.

Jan, I don't know enough about SGIs, but can they be setup with a serial
console so that some of this testing might be done remotely?  Its not as
nice as having hardware on site, but would at least be a step in the
right direction.

    -- Garrett
>     -- Garrett

General Dynamics C4 Systems