Subject: Re: sgi hardware donation
To: None <darby@accrc.org>
From: Thomas E. Spanjaard <tgen@netphreax.net>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 06/03/2006 15:34:40
--------------enig66A754FDF243C0F93E9FECB5

darby@accrc.org wrote:
> I work at a technology recycling company in Berkeley, CA. We recently received a large donation of SGI computers: mostly O2s, Origin 200s, and Indigo 2s (R10k and R4k cpus). I'd like to try finding them a good home instead of recycling them for scrap. Do you guys need any of that type of hardware, either whole or in parts (but no hds), for your MIPS port? One caveat, unfortunately I do not have the means to cover shipping.

The Indigo2 and O2 should be suitable for the MIPS64 ISA project, and
the Origin 200 for the port to IP30/IP27. I don't know yet where Qi Liu
is located, and if more people are interested in porting to IP30/IP27.
Re the shipping issue, I have no idea yet.

Cheers,
--
         Thomas E. Spanjaard
         tgen@netphreax.net