Subject: Re: NetBSD on IP22 boxes
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=E9mi?= Zara <remi.zara@free.fr>
From: Miguel Mendez <mmendez@energyhq.be>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/12/2006 11:10:03
On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 12:20:58 +0100
R=E9mi Zara <remi.zara@free.fr> wrote:

Hello,

> I've installed NetBSD 3.0 on an indigo 2. For the moment, it is not =20
> that stable.
> It's an "old" indigo 2, because I had to follow instructions for old =20
> firmware not accepting kernels in the right format.

Interesting, what CPU does it have and what PROM revision?
=20
> * I'm panicing quite often on disk operations, and it does not help =20
> that re-booting hangs every other time.
>   It's so often that I cannot yet put the machine to useful work.
>   I don't know if it's because of faulty hardware, of because of bugs =20
> in NetBSD

If it's an R4000 I2 I think NetBSD doesn't implement all the
workarounds for that CPU. If it has an R4400 then I don't know. Have
you tried running a diskless setup to discard problems with the SCSI
driver?

Cheers,
--=20
Miguel Mendez	<mmendez@energyhq.be>=20