Subject: Re: NetBSD on IP22 boxes
To: None <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: Frank Wille <frank@phoenix.owl.de>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 02/11/2006 15:06:40
Miguel Mendez wrote:

On 11.02.06 09:41:56 you wrote:

> A while ago I tried NetBSD on an R4000 Indy and there were still lots
> of problems with programs segfaulting randomly most of the time.

Same here. The R4000 has lots of bugs which require some workarounds.

> Recently I've gotten an Indigo2 and I'd like to run NetBSD on it. The
> question is: Is anybody running NetBSD 3.0 or current on SGI hardware
> and what your experience is with it? Is it stable enough for daily
> usage?

Only tried to boot the INSTALL-kernel, which seemed to work. I will do a
full installation when I find the time to do it.

AFAIR the random crashes did mainly occur on an installed NetBSD 2.x system,
but not during installation itself.

--
    _  Frank Wille (frank@phoenix.owl.de)
 _ //  http://sun.hasenbraten.de/~frank/