Subject: Re: determine O2 CPU speed?
To: Jochen Kunz , <port-sgimips@NetBSD.org>
From: William Duke <wduke@cogeco.ca>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 01/06/2006 22:16:24
> From: jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de (Jochen Kunz)
> Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 11:09:38 +0100
> To: port-sgimips@NetBSD.org
> Subject: Re: determine O2 CPU speed?
>=20
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 09:42:14PM -0800, Steve Rikli wrote:
>=20
>> Is there a commandline-ish way to determine O2 CPU speed/MHz ?
> There is always: reboot machine, goto boot prompt and enter the command:
> hinv
> This will give you the Hardware INVentory.
> --=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> tsch=FC=DF,
> Jochen
>=20
> Homepage: http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/
>=20

If I'm not mistaken, the CPU and CPU speed are displayed during the NetBSD
boot.  So, if you have your BSD system running, just type: dmesg

That command will display the startup messages and you should be able to
find the CPU info in there.   It's usually closer to the top of the output,
so you'll have to scroll up a bit.   It'll show things like the name of you=
CPU, bus speed, cache size, etc.