Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys/arch/sgimips/sgimips
To: None <wileyc@rezrov.net>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-sgimips
Date: 10/15/2005 13:33:31
In article <20051015035738.GC27101@rezrov.net>
wileyc@rezrov.net wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 10:42:14PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
>
> > Sekiya-san told me that calling r5k_enable_sdcache() on IP22
> > caused other problem and L2 cache was already enabled by ARCS
>
> The cache presence test at the beginning of r5k_enable_sdcache() fails on IP22.

Check against mips_sdcache_size?
mips_sdcache_size is set in mips_machdep_find_l2cache()
so ARCS returns wrong values?

Is't it better to check mips_sdcache_line_size
(which is taken from CP0, though mips_machdep_find_l2cache()
 overrides it) rather than mips_sdcache_size?

> > Is it OK to commit the attached patch for now?
>
> No objection.

Ok, I'll commit it and send a pullup request.

> > Or, is there any way to check if L2 cache is activated?
>
> IIRC, on IP32, the MIPS3_CONFIG_SE bit in COP0 truthfully indicates SC
> status.  Doesn't work on r5k IP22.

We should check MIPS3_CONFIG_SC on IP32? Or
can we assume all r5k IP32s have L2 cache?
---
Izumi Tsutsui